Jidhu Jose Photography

Blogger Interview # 67 : Chocolate Lover






--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 



My name's Shriti Mohanto. "Shriti" means old memories. I used to hate my name since it's pretty difficult to pronounce it correctly for most of the people but then I found out that it has a beautiful meaning and pretty unique so I love it now. I'm an eighteen years old naive. My "pen name" says it all. I'm a chocoholic. I write to unwind. I'm not alive if I'm not sharing. I'm still learning how to act like matures. o.O People in real world think that I'm a kid and so does the people of virtual world. But I guess, it's good. Sometimes I do get annoyed but then being a kid means the innocence is still alive in you. I love being mysterious. There's so much that no one knows about me. I am not talkative. That's why you won't really find me online on "Gtalk" "MSN" "Skype" or "Facebook IM". Well that's just me. :)
Like I mentioned earlier. I'm not alive if I'm not sharing so my blog is just a personal poetry blog. It's easy to say it all through rhyming words. I write almost everything that happens in my life or happens to me. I started blogging when I was 15. I wanted to be the youngest blogger but then I found out that there were bloggers who were younger than me. :P *sigh*


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  



Ah, not really. I used to write everyday but then studies and stuffs made it pretty difficult for me to blog regularly. So, now I write when I get time or when it becomes too difficult to keep every feeling or thought only to myself. I got used to everything that was happening.
 
 How did you get into blogging and why?
Well, when I was 15. I remember it was my summer vacation. And, I was crazy about this celebrity guy, Meiyang Chang. I still have a huge crush on him. o.o So I was just looking for stuffs about him and I found hisblog and I literally read all his blog posts. (Yup, I stalked him) I loved them. And, I was like "oh, I wish I had lived all those moments" and he's such a great human.. And, there I got inspired. I decided that I'd start blogging after turning 16. But, stuffs happened, my best friend died and there was so much I wanted to share but I had no one who could just listen to me. So, I guess in October, 2009, I started blogging. 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Um, I don't know to be honest. I always say, "Just be yourself. Write what you want." Don't try to copy what others do in blogsphere. It should be something new and short. But, according to me, blogspot 2 years back was a lot different the blogspot now(No, I'm not talking about the new dashboard thing). People are too busy in their life that they don't have enough time to read or write(blog) these days.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do you build a community around a blog and social media?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  


Er, I don't like socializing too much. But reading other blogs and commenting on the blog posts is the first step to create a community. And that's how I started. My tiny teenage blog was attracting readers since the beginning. My blog easily gained followers. I never really asked people to read my blog. I got facebook and twitter later. And most of the people on my facebook are bloggers because they were the ones who wanted me join social sites. :P
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
What are your three favorite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Why just three? D: Eh, I read a lot of blogs so:
The Buddha Soliloques : Because he's the one who inspired me to blog. He is not that active but I love his nostalgic posts. :)
Tales of her by her : Nirati's blog. She is amazing and so is her blog.She writes so well. ^_^
ツ ♥ Poetry~Reflection of my feelings ãƒ„ ♥ : She is simply amazing. I love the way she expresses herself through her poems.
Pearl in the Darkness : My personal favorite. I can relate almost everything to her writings. She is like my twin. I'm glad I found her on blogspot. She is one of the most strongest person I've ever known.
Shravan RN's : Just one word for him and his blog. Awesomeness. :) He has been such a great friend. One of the few people who inspire me.
These people are kinda' close to my heart, so yup, I love them and their blogs. :) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Hehehe, well I love these plugin thingies. They make your blog attractive and stuffs. Well, you should have that "follow" button thing. And, "chat box" is good too but it should be easily visible. o.O So that, new bloggers who visit you can leave a short message. I used to have one but people started spamming so I had to remove it. D:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- 






Post a Comment

0 Comments